Friday, May 26, 2006

Unexpected (Crucial) Partners in Ministry

This morning I had breakfast with Willy. Willy is in her 80s but has a youthful liveliness to her eyes. Two years ago I had spoken at the chapel where she lives in retirement living. She had put myself and an unbelieving friend of mine on her prayer list. Everyday she earnestly prays for us both.

A year ago she looked at her prayer list and thought, "Maybe I should take Jason's friend off my list. I haven't heard anything, and maybe I should pray for other things." The very next day she heard through my Mom that I had the chance to share the Gospel with my friend during a very unique, impromptu opportunity. Again, for the last year she has spent countless hours in prayer on behalf of my friend and myself, and has even added my wife and soon-to-be-born baby.

It was a great breakfast with Willy, catching up on all that God has been doing to answer her prayers. And it is a great thought, knowing God has provided me with some vital warriors in the fight. Though they be fighting in secret, they wage war on the front lines.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Chris Marlow said...

dude, put my name on that prayer list...I need a bunch of 80 year olds praying for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home