Saturday, June 10, 2006

Road Trip

We couldn't let the Marlows do all the driving (Seattle to Dallas in 3 days). So off to Spokane we went for my cousin, Katie's, wedding. Ahhh, the beautiful town of Spokane. I can't believe this place actually hosted a World's Fair, but it's true.

I have fond memories of Spokane. We used to play in the STATE "B" basketball tournament in high school here at the old Spokane Coliseum. Good times.

Tonight we're staying with my parents in a hotel room...better than just sleeping in the car, but hopefully Katie can sleep through Dad's snoring. We played cards for a while, and thankfully I didn't lose my temper besides coming in next to last. Earlier in the evening we listened to Uncle Linden tell stories of his missionary life in Mexico...very inspirational since they were planting churches there -- even had his life threatened on several occasions and almost got stoned to death...crazy stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home