Sunday, July 02, 2006

Expanding My Coffee Addiction

I love coffee. I'm not addicted -- I just love it. During the summers I have traditionally continued to drink hot coffee as I do throughout the other months. But now I'm desiring cold, iced mochas and whatnot, and I don't want to pay the price at the local coffee shops.

The solution: Coffee extract using the cold brewing method. A couple shots of refrigerated coffee extract mixed with milk, chocolate syrup and ice makes an amazing afternoon cooler. In fact, Seattle's Best Coffee used this method for years when making their iced drinks.

Here's how to make coffee extract for yourself: Grind up a pound of coffee. Place in a sealable jug or bottle with 2 quarts water. Stir it up and let it sit for 12-24 hours (the longer the stronger, which I suggest). Find a way to strain the grounds from the liquid. Presto! You have coffee extract. It doesn't look like a lot, but remember, you're only using a couple shots at a time. Plus, it will keep in the fridge for a couple weeks.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home