Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Neighborhood Spy - Part 2

OLD DOG-WALKER, NEW TRICK
This picture I took brings me great joy. The owner of this schnauzer used to let his dog poop in our yard and wouldn't pick it up. My shoes seem to be manufactured with crap magnets, so I was mad about his negligence. I had confronted him face to face a couple times, but to no avail. Finally I resorted to other tactics.

After watching him leave another pile in my lawn and walk away, I carefully retrieved the poop in a ziplock baggy. I knew which car parked on the street was his, so I tucked the loaded baggy under his windshield wiper with the following note:

"Dear Sir, I do not care if your dog craps in my lawn. However, the next time you don't use a bag to pick it up, I'm not going to use a bag to return it."

It's been two years since then, and as you can see, he has changed his dog-walking ways for the better...at least my shoes think so.

5 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger RedKev said...

When I see someone throw a cigarette out of their car window, I always want to go pick it up and throw it back in their window and say, "You dropped this." Either the right opportunity has not come up, and/or I haven't the guts to do it. I commend you for your bag placement skills.

We can get that beer anytime. I just figured out that you can buy a 22 oz bottle of beer from the Elysian and take it home for cheaper or the same price you can get a pint on tap.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Jason Hudson said...

I guess the only question then is, 22 oz. at your house or mine?

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Chris Marlow said...

LOL, BOLD & COOL!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger theDUKE said...

I applaud your extreme escalation, especially since you'd spoken to him directly previously.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a story I once heard about a "tootsie roll" tree that didn't have chocolate in the roll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home